VISION, MISSION AND CORE VALUES
The North Dayi District Assembly is to effectively and efficiently mobilise resources and distribute same to promote and sustain socio-economic development through grass root participatory decision making.
The North Dayi District Assembly exists to facilitate the improvement in the quality of life of the people within the Assembly’s jurisdiction through the equitable provision of services for its total development within the context of good governance.
Accountability, Client-oriented, Creativity, Diligence, Discipline, Equity, Integrity, Innovativeness, Timeliness and Transparency.
- Exercise political and administrative authority in the district, provide guidance, give direction to, and supervise the administrative authorities in the district.
- Performs deliberative, legislative and executive functions.
- Responsible for the overall development of the district and shall ensure the preparation of development plans and annual and medium term budgets of the district related to its development plans.
- Formulate and execute plans, programmes and strategies for the effective mobilization of the resources necessary for the overall development of the district.
- Promote and support productive activity and social development in the district and remove any obstacles to initiative and development.
- Initiate programmes for the development of basic infrastructure and provide municipal works and services in the district. xviii
- Responsible, in cooperation with the appropriate national and local security agencies, for the maintenance of security and public safety in the district.
- Ensure ready access to Courts in the district for the promotion of justice.
- Initiate, sponsor or carry out studies that are necessary for the performance of a function conferred by Act 936 or by any other enactment.
Date Created : 11/23/2017 5:42:41 AM