To transform the local economy through the creation of a vibrant agro-based sector, training of the youth in employable skills, while giving the people access to basic services and bringing the vulnerable and excluded to the mainstream of development.
The Adansi South District exist to improve the standard of living of the people in the District through the provision of economic, social and political facilities with the enabling environment for private participation and investment in the District with qualified human resource.
ADANSI SOUTH DISTRICT ASSEMBLY AND ITS OBJECTIVES
The Adansi South District Assembly is the highest political and administrative body of the District and therefore exercises deliberative, legislative and executive functions. It has the mission and responsibility to improve the quality of life of the people through sustainable development.
To achieve this mission, the Assembly has set the following objectives:
· To facilitate the effective functioning of the local government institutions in the District Assembly
· To ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the mobilization and utilization of resources in the District Assembly and its
· To monitor, co-ordinate and harmonize the implementation of development plans and activities in the District Assembly
· To facilitate the provision of basic social and economic infrastructure and services in the District
· To facilitate community-based and private sector development in the District.
THE STATE AND FUNCTIONS OF AREA COUNCILS
The District has one Town Council and Six Area councils. They are New Edubiase Town Council, Akrofuom Area Council, Ampunyasi Area Council, Wuruyie Area Council, Atobiase/Apagya Area Council, Praso Area Council and Akutreso Area Council. All Councils have chairpersons and secretaries together with revenue collectors. They also have offices for their daily activities.
Date Created : 6/28/2019 4:10:29 AM