Date Created : 10/6/2017 5:29:46 AM : Story Author : Dominic Shirimori/Ghanadistricts.com
He stated that the Assembly is aggressively pursuing its mandate of ensuring that Birim North is developed to a status that befits a District that continues to occupy an enviable position on the Ghana District League.
This, he noted include pursuing the laudable policies and programmes by the government which are geared towards job creation, food security as well as improving the economy of the country through industrialization.
In view of this, Mr. Damptey informed the house that the District has itemized key priority areas for the years ahead and sent it to the Office of the President for the utilization of the $1 Million per constituency.
These are priority areas include:
• Construction of Small Town Water System at Pankese
• Palm Oil and Palm Kernel processing plant
• Reshaping of Abokyikrom - Kyenkyenku Road
• Construction of Aqua Privy Toilet at Mamanso
• Renovation of CHPs Compound (with placenta pits and waste disposal systems) and completion of nurses quarters and supply of utilities (water and electricity) and toilet facilities at Amuana Praso
• Soap Making facility and other palm products at New Abirem
• Construction of 1No. 6-Unit Teacher’s Quarters at Kuntenase
“The district is also reviewing its plans to attract the president’s flagship programme, “one district, one factory”. Several proposals have been put on the table management and we would like to assure Hon. Members that workwill soon begin at the various communities”, he stated.