STRATEGIC DIRECTION, PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND PROFILE
District Strategic Direction
This section discusses the strategic direction of the district where the vision, mission and functions of the Assembly as stipulated in Local Governance Act, 2016, Act 963 are outlined.
The Tain District Assembly aspires to be a viable, efficient and effective organization, working harmoniously with its development partners to deliver sustainable services to its citizenry.
The Tain District Assembly exists to improve upon the living standard of the people in the area by harnessing all available resources through effective collaboration with all stakeholders.
In the Medium Term, the Development Focus of the District is to lay a solid Infrastructural Base that will promote the Growth of SMEs and Rapid Agricultural Modernization within a Sustainable Environment.
- The core functions of the District are mainly deliberative, legislative and executive. These core functions are derived from the Local Governance Act 2016, Act 963 and are listed as follows:
- Responsible for the overall development of the district and shall ensure the preparation and submission to the government for approval of the development plan and budget for the district;
- Formulate programmes and strategies for the effective mobilisation and utilisation of human, physical, financial and other resources in the district;
- Promote and support productive activity and social development in the district and remove obstacles to initiative and development in the district
- Initiate programmes for the development of basic infrastructure and provide municipal works and services in the district;
- Be responsible for the development, improvement and management of human settlements and the environment in the district
- In cooperation with the appropriate national and local security agencies, be responsible for the maintenance of security and public safety in the district;
- Ensure ready access to the courts and public tribunals in the district for the promotion of justice;
- Initiate, sponsor or carry out such studies as may be necessary for the discharge of any of the functions conferred by this law or any other enactment; and
- Perform such other functions as may be referred to it by the government
Date Created : 12/11/2018 2:21:55 AM