Ejura-Sekyedumase rakes in 46.71% IGF as at September
The Ejura-Sekyedumase Municipal Assembly may just not be able to meet its projected internally generated fund (IGF) of One Million, Three Hundred and Eighty-Four Thousand Ghana Cedis (GHC 1,384,000.00) for the year 2018.
Date Created : 10/31/2018 4:13:29 AM : Story Author : Ghanadistricts.com
The municipality as at September 2018, has managed to collect Six Hundred and Forty-Six Thousand Four hundred and Seventy-Five Ghana Cedis Seventy Pesewas (GHC 646,475.70) representing 46.71 percent of the projected amount.
Addressing Assembly Members at the second ordinary meeting of the 6th general assembly held on Tuesday 23rd October, 2018 at the assembly hall, the Municipal Chief Executive, Alhaj Mohammed Salisu Bamba, noted that they will continue to pursue measures to realize improvement in their revenue generation.
According to the MCE, management is taking necessary steps were being taken to engage a private company to handle some aspects of our revenue collection. Management is yet to come out with final decision to engage the best amongst the companies that participated in the selection process.
Other options to improve revenue include the street naming and property addressing to improve collection of property rates, adding, the first
phase of ground truthing for Ejura to identify the location of properties has been completed and digitized. The first phase covered about 65% of properties in Ejura Township. The second phase, which would cover the remaining 35%, is expected to commence this week.
“The above process was made possible as a result of acquiring digital photos of Ejura. Similar digital photos for Sekyedumase were ready for collection form the Headquarters of Survey Department, Accra. The Assembly would pay close to GHC8,000.00 for the photos. Ground truthing for Sekyedumase would also commence as soon as the digital photos are delivered to the Assembly”.
Meanwhile, the Assembly has so far received an amount of Four hundred and Eighty-Eight thousand, Two hundred and Seventy-Seven cedis and Eighty-Eight pesewas GHC488,277.88 As at October, 2018 representing first and second quarters of 2018, out of the expected Three Million Two Hundred and Seventy- Eight Thousand One hundred and Eighty Ghana Cedis(GH?3,278,180.48) of its share of the District Assemby Common Fund (DACF) for the year 2018.